Monday, September 22, 2008

BIRTHDAYS ... I love birthdays!

Well, I am now legal ... whatever that means. Now I can do a bunch of stuff that I will never do anyway and be legal about it. So, yay! But, as many of you probably know, I LOVE my birthday :) Don't ask me why ... it's just like my own personal holiday or something. Anyway, so it was a couple days ago and I wanted to share it with you! I made sure to document the whole day just for the blog :) Well, we got most of it anyway. I didn't get a picture of the yummy birthday breakfast that Preston made me, though. It was the Doxey style birthday breakfast of French Toast (sometimes pancakes or waffles) with warm cherry pie topping and ice cream! Mmmm .... What a great way to start the day! After that, we went to the BYU footaball game, which was a victory for us of course. They had to win because it was my birthday! Then, we went to the D.I. to drop off some of my old clothes and shoes so that I could buy more with my birthday money :) It was pretty exciting cuz I've never done that before! On our way home from DI, we decided to stop at a pet store and look at the puppies (which I also didn't get a picture of). They were SOOOOO cute! Sometime, hopefully soon, we'll be able to go to humane society and pick one to take home with us. When we did make it home, Preston sent me on a scavenger hunt for my gifts. Basically all his gifts were to pamper me. He gave me certificates for a manicure, pedicure, tanning and he got me some facial stuff. I've never gotten manicures or pedicures or anything like that, so it was kind of exciting! The tanning ... well, I might trade that in for a haircut or something cuz Preston told me I could :) He wasn't sure about that one, but he figured it fit with the other gifts, so he'd get it anyway. It was a good thought. He also got me a boardgame that I really wanted. It's called Thurn and Taxis. I highly recommend it to any of you who like to play games. My mom also had him pick up some games for me as her gift. So now I have 4 or 5 new games! yay! After opening all the gifts, we went to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse where we managed to get an appetizer, steak dinner, and dessert all for just $20! That's what sharing and getting a complimentary birthday dessert does for ya :) After that, he started driving somewhere and I had no idea where we were going until we got there. We went to Liz's place and she had made me an oatmeal cake cuz that's my favorite! Willie, one of my freshman friends came over and we all just talked for a couple hours. It was fun! And then we got to go home and play a game. I chose one of my new games to play because I usually beat Preston at it, but this time he won ... :( So sad. But I'm over it. Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures! It was a great birthday!

Getting excited for my birthday the day before


Going to dinner with the fam to celebrate!


Being excited to be at the game

Go Cougars! Too bad we didn't get the scoreboard in here ;)

Angie Sandwich


Me and the boys ...

Dan and Preston being silly.

Me, Preston, Dan, Katy, Travis and some other random people

The first gift in the scavenger hunt!

Opening the card (which was from Preston's mom).

I was stumped with the next clue.

(you can see the birthday money from mom!)

Finally, I figured it out and got the next clue from the piano


I got the next card there (from grandma Cottrell)

And the next clue ... in the ping pong table.

Sitting on Liz's floor eating our cake Japanese style :)

Mmmm ... oatmeal cake! Thanks Liz!


Liz and Wille showing off their personalities :)

Group picture!


As you can see, we had a lot of fun! Preston is just way to good to me! And that's how it should be :)

7 comments:

Tiffany and Mike said...

Well, looks like a birthday success to me! I hate to break it to you though...my birthday is more exciting than your birthday.

Anonymous said...

hye.. nice blog.. enjoy to read it..
keep it fun.
:-)

puteri

snowroses said...

Hello, nice blog you have. Happy belated birthday!

Evonavich With A Glitch said...

Hi,

I enjoyed your blog with your picture of you and Preston. So you are of legal age now. I still have one more year till I'm legal, and My fiance and I are still living with our parents because of money issues. You have my life so far.

Stay fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie!! I totally saw this random feed on Facebook and landed on your blog! Wahoo! I am very excited you had a good birthday :) So, I will now officially be stalking your blog. Mine's rather random, but pretty funny, just in case you need a giggle..
http://go-that-way.blogspot.com

Sherri and Graham said...

I am glad you had a fun birthday...the pictures help close the distance :)

Rachel E. Bytheway said...

Way great to hear from you Angie! I can't believe you've been married a whole freakin' year! Super crazy! Glad you had a fantastic birthday!

<3 Rach