I've done baby swapping with some of you out there which has been most wonderful and always a needed break for just Preston and I to get away. But, I often get left wondering if our dates are too long or if we're imposing too much, etc. SO. . . here's nd idea that I wanted to get feedback on. If people are interested then we can work on setting it up.
We would have a group list with everyone's name, number and email who was interested. We'd each start out with the same amount of Babysitting Bucks (or minute money? I'm open to suggestions) that would equal time as payment. So, let's say we start out with 3 60min, 2 30min, and 4 15min (total of 5 hours). Then when you want your date night, you can contact anyone from the sheet who's also involved and pay them with the amount of time that they watch your kid(s).
Here's my thoughts on this idea.
- You can spend as much time away from your kid(s) as you spent watching someone else's.
- You still feel like you're paying someone for their babysitting
- It's kind of fun
- You can offer to watch other people's kids while you're already planning to babysit if you need extra cash (the fake stuff anyway)
- I would really really hate for it to get too formal or have people feeling like they should have gotten a little more "money" for their time. That's why the smallest bill would be 15 minutes.
- It's more work than just calling me up
SO I WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!!! PLEASE!
Let me know if you think it's a good idea, needs tweaking or is just not so practical.
I just had to get it out there. Love all ya'll!