Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blessing Day

Brayden was blessed on Sunday January 3rd. Preston did a great job in giving him a wonderful blessing! Unfortunately it was the first week of 9:00 o'clock church and we still need to figure out a good routine since Brayden usually eats between 8 and 8:30. We felt a little rushed getting there and were lucky to still be early enough for Preston to ask most people to join him in the circle. With that and the intimidation of giving a public blessing, Preston will tell you that it didn't go as well as he'd like. But it made me cry (which really doesn't happen often) and I thought it was beautiful.

I was a little worried because as sacrament meeting was starting, Brayden started getting fussy like was still hungry. As Preston took him up I was just praying he wouldn't cry the whole time. Brayde was SO good. he mad a couple coos and was wide awake during the whole thing, but he didn't fuss until after I was able to bear my testimony. We've been blessed with the BEST little boy!!


The Brown Family

Everyone (who was still there)

All the priesthood holders who were still around

Great Grandma Cottrell with Brayden

Preston & his buds

The proud parents

Auntie Nuby

us and my parents

What up?

I just love this little boy!!

hehe. scrunchy face :)


I forgot to mention that Brayden got to wear the same little outfit that his daddy was blessed in. Unfortunately, the boiler in the church was out so it was freezing and he needed to be bundled. Good thing we brought grandma Cottrell's white afgan and coat that she nitted.

No comments: