Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Day Just Like Today

Today has been a typical day in the life of Brayden. Nothing special, but fun nonetheless. Plus, I actually took pictures of our daily activity, so I figured it'd be a good time to post and keep all you family updated. Brayden actually slept in until about 7:45 today - thanks buddy! Then we played with some toys and read some books. Then I made breakfast. I just have to say how proud I've been of myself. I have only eaten cold cereal once in about 2 weeks! (until today) Brayden has been spoiled with eggs, blueberry pancakes, french toast, etc. But, today he got some Gerber oatmeal with peaches and I ate cereal. After cleaning up from breakfast we went out on our daily walk with Sadie. We have the routine down. We all go out, I turn on the sprinkler systems that we have outside, we walk around the neighborhood and then I turn the water off when we get home. Brayden gets all relaxed during the walk, so I just give him a bottle and lay him down for his first nap. None of that is documented through pictures, but the rest of the day gets more exciting anyway. Today we ate lunch, played in the tub, threw a ball for Sadie and then it was time for nap #2. Of course, he doesn't always want it to be nap #2, so I hear him laughing and talking for a while before I go in to find him sitting in his crib. He stands up and gets all excited until I lay him down with a bottle again and now he's out. That's our day so far. Like I said, nothing special, but I love it. Well, I guess that depends on what part of the day we're in, but today I love it.

Sadie's getting tired from chasing the ball in this heat, so ...
she drops it for Brayden instead.
Brayden reaches for it, throws it (with some help)
and then watches Sadie run it back.
Such a pretty puppy!
And a very cute boy!
Here's the not-so-nappy Brayden
The title of this post comes from a song that my Mumsy and Grammy used to sing to me when I was little and I've heard them sing it to Brayden on occasion. It's a pretty soothing song, I'll admit. It puts me to sleep! :D
[Chorus:] Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry. Sunshine on the water looks so lovely. Sunshine almost always (or all around me) makes me high.
If I had a day that I could give to you, I'd give to you a day just like today. If I had a song that I could sing for you, I'd sing a song to make you feel this way. [chorus]
If I had a tale that I could tell you, I'd tell a talesure to make you smile. If I had a wish that I could wish for you, I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while. [Chorus].
(thanks to Mumsy & leoslyrics.com for all the words!)

No comments: