Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day of Baking

The Johnsons invited us over for dinner on Friday night and we volunteered to bring dessert. The only request was no chocolate. So, I pulled out my nifty iTouch and opened the app "all recipes" which came up with a few that looked good. I couldn't decide since I had never made them before, so I made 3 different ones! All in one day! It was pretty fun. Brayden and I dropped Daddy off at school then headed to the store for a few ingredients. Brayden was ready for a nap when we got home, so I planned on just getting it all done while he slept. Of course life happened. This time "life" happened to be Sadie digging up all my peppers and burying all the lettuce! Isn't that what garden boxes are for?? After fixing the garden I got started and finished 2 of the 3 desserts while Brayden slept. He's a good napper :) He helped me make the cheesecakes and was very upset when I had to put him in his walker because he was doing a little more messing up then helping. We had a close call with the electric mixer and Brayden trying to grab it. Not good. BUT, we survived with all our fingers.


Banana cookies with NO SUGAR!! This is just the "dough." They're actually pretty good, but I might have cooked them a little long because they're a little chewy on the outsides? Oh well, they're healthy and good.

Raspberry bars . . . so yummy and EASY!! cake mix, butter, oats and raspberry jam with a little water. Yum.


Here are my "homemade" muffin cups because I forgot to put them on my shopping list. They worked great though!

The cheesecakes turned out great, but I forgot to take a picture of them in the end. We had cherry topping on them too.
Here's Sadie entertaining Brayden. All she has to do is run by him and he squeals. It was so so cute, but every time I tried to video, Brayden would look at the iTouch and Sadie would bring me her ball. You can see one of his little squeals as he runs away from Sadie before he loses interest though.
If I were really awesome, I'd post the recipes for you. . . maybe I will. I'd like to be really awesome :) But, not yet. Really awesome will have to wait. However, I will tell you that Dollar tree sells raspberry jam and cherry topping! I was excited.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Yummy! It looks like you guys are doing so well in Florida! I'm really happy for you guys! It gives me hope for when Brian Commissions in the Air Force and have to move where ever they send us, with my luck I'll end up in the middle of no where surrounded by corn fields. Your boy is growing up so fast, that video is so funny!

Priscilla said...

Oh boy! Those treats look so awesome. I can sympathyze with the dog in the garden. Maggie's new thing is eating all the tomatoes in our garden. Ugh! I hope Florida is treating you well!