Friday, September 30, 2011

Dear Zander,

I don't have anything bad to say about you yet. You are perfect and precious. I adore every bit of you. I don't always appreciate our time together in the middle of the night, but I know that's special too and I'm working on loving it.

I can't believe how much you smile and laugh. You laughed when you were 1 week old and have continued ever since. You've started smiling at me when I talk to you or move your legs around and that smile of yours melts my heart. You have these cute little dimples over your lips and they make me smile. When you smile really big you get what we refer to as your magoo eyes. We coined the term when you were only a few minutes old because your eyes were slightly swollen and puffy. Now you smile so big your eyes puff up and look closed. I love it. 

Your sad faces and sounds are also cute, but only for so long and then we always hope we can fix the problem soon. You don't actually cry very much. Mostly you whimper and whine like a puppy. 

Now about your eating habits. I would really love if you could always sit and eat a full meal before falling asleep. You've gotten much better, but you're still more into snacking. Especially in the evening. You started cluster feeding yourself with lots of snacks to get ready for the night. The only thing is that you take a long time to fall asleep. Our bedtime process usually starts when we put Brayden to bed and you're still up for at least an hour and a half. It makes it very hard to get chores done. But, soon we'll start helping you sleep through the night and maybe that will help.

You are a very sensitive soul. You don't like Daddy's teasing and don't have much patience for discomfort. I have a feeling that you'll often be picked on by Brayden because of this. Hopefully it'll make you stronger or better in some way though.

Well little man, I love you. You are special and unique just like your name. I look forward to many more great weeks and months together.

Love always and forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Cute blog post!!! He is such a sweetie pie!

Donna said...

Wonderful. It brought tears to my eyes. I miss you and your boys.