Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pool Fun

Brayden's a water boy. He could play in water all day long.  So, I wanted to take him to the pool while we're in this great resort in Orlando.  I'll admit I was pretty nervous to take both boys by myself though. Brayden can't swim and Zander can't even sit up.  So, they'd both need a lot of help.  I finally decided to just at least go walk by and see what the pool area was like and if I thought I could handle it. It was a huge success! As soon as we got there I knew Brayden would just love it so much, so we went to the bathroom and changed into swimsuits. That's when I discovered I had forgotten the swim diapers. Oops. Sort of important. I decided I'd just let him play in the fountain area with a normal diaper and maybe we'd go back later for the pool. Brayden loved it and was so good. Eventually more kids came and started getting in the pool and of course Brayden kept saying "pool" (more like "ool") so I went in the gift shop to ask about buying a diaper. They wanted $3.50 for ONE DIAPER!!! Heck no! We made the 10 minute walk back to the room, ate apple sauce and made the trek back with all our gear.  Of course Zander was hot in the stroller but cold in the water (I didn't get him all the way in cuz he gasped just with wet feet) so I had to either hold him or go back and forth between pool and stroller the whole time. It worked out though and Brayden was being a great listener when I'd tell him to stay close or just sit and splash for a minute. The pool was 0 entry and only went up to 3 ft. So, it was perfect for him. Plus, I tried out some arm floaties that my mom picked up for us for $.50 last time she was here. He didn't like them at all until I showed him how they made him float and then he started doing his goofy giggle every time he'd sit and float. It was darling. I even got him to float on his stomach and kick his legs. He'll be a swimmer in no time :) Zander did well with the water after the initial cold shock on his feet, but I would have loved to take him out swimming a little more to see if he likes the water as much as Brayden always has. Another time I guess. Anyway, here's a few pictures of our fun morning/afternoon. Gotta love the pool!!





Stepping on the water hole waiting for water to come out.


walking into the water, belly first. He did this a lot.

Zander was a champ in the stroller the whole time Brayden played in the fountain.

back for some real pool fun!

OK, so not a great picture, but he was so cute in his little suit and rash guard so I tried. It's hard to find time to take pictures when you have two kids at a pool!

PS- HAPPY THREE MONTHS ZANDER!!!! I can't believe my baby is 3 months old already!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I can't believe he is already that old. He is so cute and looking so much like your child!

Donna said...

Oh it is so fun to hear about your pool adventures and juggling two boys so close to the same age! You are brave. The boys are growing up so much and Sweet Zander, what a big darling boy! 3 months already! It doesn't seem that long since he was born. I can't wait to see you all!