Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween!

We finally decided what to be just a week before Halloween, so we had to throw everything together fairly quickly.  I gave in and bought one of the boy's costumes because Momma Brown offered to pay for one as well :)  And I have to admit that they were much cuter (not to mention warm!) than anything I could have come up with.  But the rest were made from Dollar store finds.  We had our two cute firemen, I was the fire, Preston was the fire hydrant and he walked Sadie who was dressed as a dalmation. Then we even dressed the stroller as the firetruck.  That was a fun project!! It turned out SO cute and I don't have pictures of it!!!  But my mom took one for us (I forgot my camera trick-or-treating!) so I'll have to get a copy and then post it.  We had a great time going around with my sister and her family and then come back to our neighborhood for another hour of fun!  We have a fire chief in our ward, so Preston mentioned to him that we'd be visiting and the boys were going to be firemen, so when we got there his wife had made them special goodie bags with a little toy too.  It was very sweet.  Then we ended on quite the happening place where the Young Men president's family had put together a garage spook alley and they served hot chocolate with lots of fun mix-ins. The boys actually LOVED the spook alley because one of the little helpers would run through and tell people not to be scary because little boys were coming, so they were just friendly instead.  Haha.  :)  It was fun being able to trick or treat in our neighborhood and see tons of ward members!  One plus to being in Utah!!  It was a great time!

The Cake Pops we helped Mom make for a Halloween party. Cute, right?






1 comment:

Tena Holdaway said...

Love the theme. You have some handsome firemen.