Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Blessing and A Curse

We are loving having a backyard for Sadie to run around in (notice we haven't had to post much about all the puppy damage lately). BUT, as nice as it is, it has it's downsides too. 2 main things stick out in my mind. First of all, we get jumped on between 6 and 7:30 every morning by a little puppy who wants to go play already. This is not only due to the fact that there's a yard, but also because there are so many other doggies to play with now. However obnoxious this wake-up call can be, I can handle it. Especially because I tend to wake up multiple times every night, what's once more?

The main thing that I'm not a fan of is that Sadie is never clean anymore. Never. I gave up on giving her baths because she will either "play" with Amber (consisting of Sadie biting Amber's face off, tugging on her tail, etc. and Amber trying to fit whatever part of Sadie she can into her large mouth). This play time leaves Sadie slimy and gross. Or Sadie will simply go outside and come in covered with dirt and/or mud. I let her out one night before bed so she could go to the bathroom. She was only out there 3 minutes tops. When I came to get her, she was COVERED ... and I mean covered ... with mud. Her paws were no longer white or black, they were brown. Her face looked as if someone had flung mud off a paintbrush onto her ... she had speckles of mud all over her head. I have to admit that my first reaction (after the shock of her "new look") was to bust out laughing. I felt bad that Preston was in the other room saying his personal prayer so that he missed the whole ordeal. He came just in time to see all the mud left in the tub after I rinsed her off. Although it was quite entertaining, the last thing I wanted to do was give my dog a bath when I was so ready to climb in my nice comfy bed. If only I had taken pictures of our mud puppy I would post them. But, of course, those pictures are locked in my memory and my memory alone. However, I do have some proof that Sadie gets dirty.


We were going to let the dogs in when we came home one afternoon, but this is what we saw ...


We tried to get a good picture through the glass door, but I don't think it does her justice.


This is my favorite "Well, are you going to let me in now or what?" look.

It's truly amazing that with how dirty she gets basically every day, somehow if you give her a couple hours or so her fur coat looks shiny and clean again. Oh how looks can be deceiving.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I totally know how you feel! It is so annoying when it rains here because Flash gets so muddy!! Sadie looks so cute though! I am sure Flash misses her!

Kim said...

Oh, the joys of puppyhood! Cute pictures of Sadie.