Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SNOW!

I get mixed feelings when it snows. I absolutely love the snow itself and all the fun activities that you can do in snow, but I really do NOT like scraping car windows, driving in traffic with slick roads, and I get cold so easily. So, I never quite know how I'm going to feel about the snow. Yesterday when I looked out the window and everything was white, I felt SO happy! It literally felt like Christmas to me! I even suggested that we watch a Christmas movie yesterday because I just wanted to. Preston is always so sweet and puts up with my silly ideas (and sometimes I think he really LIKES them!) so he was all for it, but when we were exploring our many movie options we decided on a different one, The Ultimate Gift. If you haven't ever seen it, I recommend it! It was a really good movie. It's one of those with a good message.

Even though we didn't watch a Christmas movie, we did keep our tradition of drinking hot chocolate on the first snow day. I'll confess that we actually busted out the hot chocolate about a month ago when it mildly snowed even though it didn't stick. We just got 2 "first snow days" this year! :D

I'm not quite sure if we weren't ready for this picture or had been ready too long ... at least we BOTH look silly :D

1 comment:

Dan and Julianna said...

You 2 are so cute! I love your new border photo! We just might have to come see you at work to get our family pics done this year... I am fresh out of ideas for where to go! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!