Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Last year we had tons of fun having 4 couples over to enjoy a chili dinner and Halloween fun. So, we thought this year we'd try to do the same thing only invite other people besides just couples. Little did I know that the Utah football game started at 6. Worst timing. I checked the Y schedule which was great cuz we had a bye, but now that we're up in SLC area we are surrounded by Utah fans. So, most people told us that they would try to make it but they would be at the U game. To me that's code for: "If I end up having nothing better to do after the football game then I'll be there, but don't count on it." We knew some of our good friends were coming, but we had no idea how it would turn out. On top of that, my mom is putting in a full kitchen in the basement for us to enjoy while we're still here. (one of those projects that's been on the list for a while and now seems like a good time to start). So, the carpet was all rolled back, tile floor was drying and furniture was moved everywhere as of Saturday morning. I wasn't too worried until I got called into work Saturday morning from 9-4. . . the party was "starting" at 5. Hmmm ... good thing I have a great husband! Poor Preston was left to cleaning, putting together the room and was even planning to start cooking for me. Luckily I was able to leave work 30 minutes early so I could get home with enough time to do the chili and cider. We didn't get to the pumpkin pie before Craig, Savannah and Avery showed up. They're such a fun family and we were so happy that they came at the beginning because we didn't get any more guests until about 9:30. We ate our yummy chili and some cute spider cookies that they brought and still had time for a game before they had to get Avery to bed.

Us and the Spiels as they were leaving. Avery took her costume off, but she was dressed in a money bag :D It was pretty cute!

Most people came at 10 or 10:30 because of the game. So, after the Spiels left we made pumkin pie and watched Halloween movies on TV. We found one that Preston used to love as a child and I had never seen. It's called The Witches. It was pretty funny ... in one of those old movie sort of ways :D We ended up having a decent turnout in the end, but I was worried I'd be left with a boatload of chili and cider to eat for a month! When everyone was there we played some Warewolf, ping pong and pool. All in all it was a good day. The best part was being able to come home to my sweet husband and know that at least he'd be there all night even if no one else showed. I love Preston so much! Thanks for all you do babe!

The Mario clan

The bulk of the group that came after the game. There were a few more later. I wish I would have taken a picture of Maddie and her cousins because they were the best! They dressed up as all the Scooby Doo characters and seriously turned out SO good. Look a likes! Sadly I missed the photo op.

3 comments:

Wesley said...

You are so cute! I'm so sorry we couldn't make the trek up. Last Halloween was such a blast! This Halloween we ended up going to Lowes and putting the baby to bed... very exciting. :)

Em said...

Looks like so much fun! I love your costumes!

Dan and Julianna said...

Love the costumes. The "thing three" is adorable. Rob's costume is HILARIOUS!!! And Poor Steve, his costume is a little on the short side. lol. Thanks for the pics!