Friday, December 18, 2009

One of Those Days

First of all, we've been to the doctor 3 times this week! Monday for Brayden's first check-up, Wednesday for Brayden's circumcision and yesterday for my check-up. Yesterday was one of those days that made me grateful that I can stay at home in my pajamas most of the time :)

The had to check me and make sure everything looked good and I had a couple questions about breastfeeding, so they checked my nipples first to make sure everything looked good. As soon as opened up and pulled them out, they both started flowing milk out. The midwife grabbed some tissues for me to stop the milk with, but they were like fountains! Tissues just weren't enough. She got a blanket to lay on my lap so that I wouldn't get wet, which was nice. She joked that I definitely didn't have any issues with my milk supply and then asked if I wanted to try nursing now since I was obviously ready. So, we pulled Brayden out and he had a great meal. He got a little messy, but that happens. Then, while I'm feeding him and he's laying on my lap, he goes to the bathroom and wets all over the blanket and his clothes. Isn't that what diapers are for? hehe. Well, I guess I didn't tighten it enough this time. And of course, I didn't bring a change of clothes for him that day. Just when I was thinking "welcome to the life of a mother" and finding humor in the situation, Brayden spits up milk all over my lap. Geez. After that it wasn't too bad, but we stopped at the store to get more bottles for my pumped milk and some vaseline for Brayden while he's healing from his little surgery. So here we go walking in the store and I'm feeling like a big mess ... that's when I just want to be back at home in my pajamas. Overall it was fairly comical and I was laughing during most of that visit, but it is a good reminder of one more reason to keep Brayden home for a few weeks!

3 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

hehehe, sounds like my little experience I shared with you! :) Welcome to mommyhood!

Dan and Julianna said...

Yes welcome to mommyhood. We have all been there! Just keep finding the humor in it all! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Kim said...

What a cute and funny story. One morning (luckily I was home at the time), when Berkeley was a few weeks old, I was trying to feed her, and she exploded out the rear! It was everywhere, all over both of us, and I had to strip us both down, and throw everything into the washing machine. Then we both hopped in the tub. As everyone else has already said, "Welcome to motherhood!" :)

P.S. Brayden is adorable! I'm so happy for you both.