Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tender Mercies

I love being a mother. I've only been one for 5 days and I already know it's what I've always lived for and will eternally live for. There is no greater calling. But heaven knows it's not easy. Here's some tender mercies I am grateful to enjoy.

  1. Living with Mumsy who is happy to help with my little man even in the middle of the night.
  2. A boy who let me sleep for 6 hours this morning with one feeding in the middle and then slept for another hour while I figured out my breastpump and started filling a bottle.
  3. All the visitors that we've had who love our little Brayden.
  4. Christmas being around the corner and having basically all my gifts ready to go.
  5. Being married to a man who will tell me how wonderful I am every day.
  6. The amazing meal we got last night from the Bradshaws.
  7. Being blessed with the ability to do almost anything 1 handed so I can still hold my babe.
  8. Seeing Brayden look around (I swear he's looking at angels) with the biggest smiles on his face as I sing him primary songs.
  9. Knowing that my Heavenly Father is aware of my abilities and is helping me discover them too.
  10. Being able to stay in my pajamas all day when I have nowhere to go.
I have been so incredibly blessed! I only hope that I will always remember the wonderful things in life when times get tough.

2 comments:

Ryan and Shaylee said...

Angie, oh my gosh, your post brought tears to my eyes! I know exactly how you are feeling. My son was born 5 days before Christmas. The spirit is so tender during this time of year, and combined with new motherhood, it can almost feel like you literally in heaven! It sounds like you are really blessed, and that Preston takes good care of you and Brayden; that is awesome!!! I am soo happy for all 3 of you! He is gorgeous by the way, what a perfect little guy!

alma and nicole smith said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! we're so happy for you!!