Monday, October 25, 2010

Garden, Brayden, Halloween Birthday Party & More

So, as the title suggests, this is about a few things.

THE GARDEN:
As previously mentioned, the garden had been dug up before. Sadly, the lettuce was gone. I never found any of them. So, I FINALLY fixed it and planted some broccoli to replace the lettuce. It looked awesome and I was going to get a picture, but waiting a day meant it was already dug and trodden on again. So, the pictures aren't great. I was very upset and obviously wasn't getting through to my very loved Sadie, so I stuck her in our compost box (which doesn't have much more than some grass clippings in it) and closed the door. I told her she was in her "bad box" and left her there while I fixed the garden. I was very upset and that was the first solution that came to mind. Sad.

On a happier note, I also got some hibiscus, aloe plants and snap dragons for our front yard.

BRAYDEN:
Mostly there are just some cute random pictures of him. As always.

HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY PARTY:
We got to go to Brinley's 1st birthday party and it was costumes because she was born on Halloween. Brayden has an adorable little lion costume, so we came up with matching costumes for Preston & I. After several options and much though, we decided I would be a witch and Preston would be a wardrobe. It was pretty cool. We made Preston's costume that day and I think it turned out quite nice. I have some pictures of B and Brin playing at her party too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIN!!

MORE:
Yesterday we finally put together our haunted gingerbread house and it's pretty good!

We went on our first date night without Brayden since moving! The Fun Station has a special Thursday night family deal where the large cheese pizza is $3.99 and if you buy the pizza you can get 2 rounds of mini golf free. Duh. Of course we went for that!!  Oh, and it just happens to be right next to the discount movie theatre, so we stopped there after :) We saw Nanny McPhee, which was about as expected. Kind of hokey, but I thought it was pretty cute and it was entertaining. I don't need to see it again though. That kind of movie.

So, that's the update. Here's the pics:

The before and after (but still trodden on and dug again. . . so really, they're both kinda before pictures)



The digging culprit. . . she may look innocent, but don't be deceived!
Tomatoes! We have TONS! growing, but this is the first one turning red.


Our banana tree. . . if you look closely, you can see two little banana buds (coming off of the stem)















Brayden when we got home. He was pooped.



Brayden being busy while we made the house.





wanting to get out of his pack n play. . .

. . . just to decide it was more fun in there.

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

My thoughts:

Daisy. GET OUT of the PLANTER!!! You rascal!

Did I REALLY keep that black make up on my face THATTTTTT long??? ahhh I'm so corney.

Brinley's hair is out of control. I MUST tame that hair.

Brayden and Brinley are best buds! Brayden and Brinley Brown...there is a nice ring to that :-)

And you know Jessie and Danny McKinley?? Danny just graduated from the seminary program. Jessie said she knows you guys!

Mrs. Blimes said...

So fun running into you guys last night! And I just have to say one more time you have the BEST costumes I've seen so far this year!

David Cottrell said...

So cute! I totally loved the costumes. It looks like you guys are having a blast on your new adventure down in Florida. Love you guys!

Sherri and Graham said...

Great update! Looks like you are keeping busy with the right kinds of things. The tomatoes look they are going to be good.

I am not sure you can expect Sadie to value the garden the way you do...pets march to the beat of their own drummers too. Your reflex reaction was justified. Good luck on this one ;/.