Monday, October 25, 2010

Have you ever been locked out of your house?

I have. Today, most recently. So, we go on a walk every day using a garage door buzzer in the stroller. Always worked before. Not today. Not the first time I pushed it. Not the second. Or third. And also not after I took the battery out and put it back in. No no, it was determined not to open the door. The light was even turning green when I would push it!

The solution: walk through our neighbor's side yard to get behind our fence, use the stroller and a step and jump into the garden box to go through the back door, which luckily wasn't locked.

Note to self: put the spare key outside instead of inside!

I do have to admit that I TRIED to hide the key outside, but as part of looking for the perfect spot, I opened up the outdoor outlet box and a hornet nest fell out!!! I literally SCREAMED, opened the door, turned around for Brayden (who I dragged inside holding him by the arm) and continued screaming for about 30 seconds when I was safe inside and somehow not stung. Bees are my weakness. Hate them. Hate everything about them!!!! But, unlike Max Hall, I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate they're fans. Mostly because I don't think hornets have fans. And that, folks, is the story of why the spare key got left inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! Haha. I love how you incorporated Max Hall into it. Bob and I keep locking ourselves out, too. He has to pry open our bathroom window and squeeze through. Sheesh.

freya said...

yay another fellow blogger!

what a funny story! and cute blog!

a couple months ago i locked myself out of my car once and out of the house twice in one week! it was ridiculous! i'm just glad no hornets were involved. :)