Friday, April 15, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off

We have worked HARD for the last month on our yard - front and back. Of course, I don't have "before" pictures, but just trust that it looks much much better! We ripped up so many weeds it was unbelievable! There's still some more to go in the back, but I spent a good hour today on it and it's almost there. Getting so close! Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

THE BACK:
Roses - 6 so far, but two more blooming.




Don't they look lovely?

Blueberry buds!

Strawberries

Green Pepper (with tomatoes in the back)

If you look closely, you'll see two little cherry tomatoes starting to grow.

Lettuce corner

Onions


Herbs - rosemary, cilantro, oregano. There used to be basil, but that's Sadie's first casualty.

THE FRONT:



Our Tangelo tree. I actually wanted the pink lemon tree, but it had some nasty thorns, so we went with this one. 

My main disappointment - the snapdragons. I'm hoping they'll pull through, but they didn't like the move to the mailbox too much.

Our rock path that's no longer hidden by weeds. Preston deserves credit for this one.

a section of our front. This is where we kept our pumpkins last Halloween and never threw them out until after Christmas break (gross, I know). But, look at what now grows there?
PUMPKINS! Maybe we won't have to buy any this year.

Calla Lilies
Aloe Plant

The green bushy things are actually nice lilies, but they're in-between flowering at the moment.
Our trimmed bushes with solar lights in between.
The walk to the door






4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

everything looks SO good!!!! It is a nice relief knowing I don't have to take care of a yard too with all thats going on in my life, but SOMEDAY...I'd love to be able to plant flowers and to plant a garden! How fun!? Pumpkins!! That's hilarious.

LadyEm said...

Awesome job gardening! Looks like the plants are enjoying that warm Florida weather. Good work!

Sherri and Graham said...

Nice job with the flora :)

I can hardly wait to come and see it in person!!

Donna said...

Wow, you've worked really hard and things look SO good! I hope things keep growing and are very "fruitful" for you! The stone walkway looks great, as does the front walk to the door. The whole front of the house looks so great! I love the roses. They look so nice. I wish my yard looked even remotely like yours! After a few years, I'll be needing you to come show me the ropes!