Friday, May 13, 2011

Brayden's Update

Two big things have happened with Brayden.

First, NURSERY!! Hallelujah! It's been tough with Preston teaching Elder's Quorum sometimes and me teaching Young Women because Brayden's always in the way it seems like. No offense meant to him, but 11:00 church is practically his naptime and he needs people to entertain him. Very tough when you're teaching. So, you can imagine how nice it was for Mother's Day to teach a lesson not interrupted by my little sweet B. He's only 17 months, but we have wonderful nursery leaders who welcomed him in anyway! And they said he did great! A couple crying moments, but mostly good.

Second, a BIG BOY BED! Yep, that's right, as of yesterday Brayden has a toddler bed. I wasn't going to use it yet because he still seems like he needs a crib. He's kind of a crazy sleeper. But, when he got a huge grin and ran to the bed when we came home last night, we just had to try it out and see how he'd do. And he slept in the bed! Well, he did end up on the floor at some point. Poor kiddo. He actually came walking out once because we hadn't closed the door tightly, but we went and laid him down again. He cried. We sang to him again. He cried for minute when we left.  Then we could just hear him moving around and playing, so we weren't sure if he'd make it back on the bed. When he had been quiet for about 45 minutes, we went in and found him like this:
Looks like he was just so tired he barely made it on the bed :) We did move him onto the pillow though.
I tried unsuccessfully to have nap time in the big boy bed too, but when I checked on him, his bed had open books on it and he was on the floor. So into the crib he went :) But, I'm thinking it will be good to start the transition now so that our crib will be free when we need it with Little Brother. Any suggestions for the transition? I haven't looked into anything. It just sort of happened. Which reminds me that I owe a special thanks to the Smiths for their bed and mattress! I was just going to take the mattress since we have wood to build a bed, but when I saw their bed I couldn't resist. It matches our crib set!!! It's perfect! Thanks so much!! Anyone want a homemade toddler bed? We'll be happy to pass on our supplies! Or, I could even make it for you (it would be a great Personal Progress project for me!).

2 comments:

Sherri and Graham said...

I love the picture. Sweet boy!

Scott and Tobi said...

It is so wonderful to document these sweet little moments or you would forget them.

tobi