Friday, May 13, 2011

Missing Preston Already. . .

Preston got an e-mail from our stake President a few days ago saying that our stake was assigned to go to Georgia for some Tornado clean-up and whatever they're in need of. There was a false alarm similar to this a couple weeks ago and our stake was possibly going to Alabama, but they ended up not needing us. So, not only have I hardly seen or interacted with Preston in the last few days because he's had to be emailing and calling people constantly in his spare time to get everything set up (the joys of being Elder's Quorum President) but now he's one his way to help out for the weekend.

Even though I truly do know that he's where he needs to be and doing what Heavenly Father wants him to be, I just miss him. I feel so weak sometimes. I know I can handle Brayden and the home by myself, but it still seems so hard. I've already been dreading next week because he leaves to go to Utah for his best friend's wedding (which is so exciting!), but to find out last minute that he's gone this weekend too is just hard on me. I blame pregnancy hormones for my tears. But seriously, I feel like I don't even know what to do to pass the time. Hello. . . I have Brayden to myself all day anyway, so what's the big deal? Anyway, I just had to vent those feelings and I'm already feeling better. If you happen to read this in the next hour before you leave (or ever for that matter), I miss you so much Preston! You're amazing! I guess it's a good reminder of how much you do for me when I don't have you here.

For all the readers that do read this, I promise I'm happy and I'll be fine. Sometimes we go through those lonely moments, but I feel blessed to have such a wonderful family!

One last random thought. . . isn't it weird to have to cook dinner for yourself and a toddler? I had already planned my meals, so I have soup in the crockpot and rolls rising, but it feels kind of pointless to cook. Anyway, just a thought. Pretty sure we'll eat leftovers tomorrow. And Sunday :D Hehe. HAPPY WEEKEND! Hope you're not lonely too, but if you are, let's get together or talk!

2 comments:

Tena Holdaway said...

I was going to offer for you to stay and play for a little bit but you said that Brayden was sick so I did not push the issue. Sorry that we were not able to take your mind of things for a little bit. If you need a play date or something to breakup the time, or if you need some alone time for yourself, or anything, please give me a call.

Sherri and Graham said...

I didn't see this until after the weekend. My heart goes out to you. Over the years I have done some personal research on the differences between being alone and being lonely. Aloneness can occur in the presence of others and is a far deeper emotion than loneliness which is a little closer to the surface and caused by lack of companionship. (symptoms = lack of desire to cook for yourself for example) We all experience both and it looks like you are dealing well the loneliness. You are loved by so many that you should never feel alone.