Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boy's Room Makeover and Waiting for Little Brother

Well, we picked up the paint and supplies and got the boys room all painted on Monday. Today we finally finished putting everything on the walls and finished up. So, here's the before and after pictures!

BEFORE:



AFTER:


THE PROCESS:




Ahh. . . my hand got paint on it!! 

Brayden hates his hands being dirty if you can't tell.

So, of course, Daddy thought it'd be a good idea to give him some more and put some on his tummy too.

Very sad and painty







We're playing the waiting game for our little Zander to join us. I prayed this morning that he would come today, but if not that it would be soon. Of course I got the reassurance that he'll come when he needs to come and it will be good timing whether it seems like it to me or not. I just really don't want my Mom to miss him and she leaves on Tuesday! But, I'll survive. At least we've gotten lots done with her around and had lots of fun. Especially Brayden. He's in heaven with his Grandy.























We took him to pick out a baby doll and found a cute boy doll that he liked (because he's having a brother). He LOVES his baby. He feeds him every day, takes him on stroller rides around the house, and even put him down for a nap with him today. It's pretty cute. It may sound weird since he's a boy, but I think it's wonderful prep for his brother! He even protected his baby from me today when I suggested he get a diaper change. I'm pretty sure it's because he doesn't like getting his own diaper changed. Hehe.





















Lastly, Brayden had his 18 month appointment (2 months late. . . ) and his stats are as follows:
Height: 33" (40%)
Weight: 22 lbs (7%)
Head: ? (4%)

He's a little guy. But, they said he seems healthy and on track with his growth, so no worries. I can't imagine carrying him around if he were much bigger anyway!

Well, we're all doing well and just anticipating new changes to come! I guess I'll have another update after my doctor appointment tomorrow :D


1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

ahhhh I was hoping for pictures of the room!!

I LOVE that our kids are small. They are perfectly proportioned and healthy. I've never been worried about Brin being on the petite side. Hello...look and Ry and I, and you and Preston. We are average/small people!!! We SHOULDN'T have big kids!!!

I wanna see Brayden with his doll! That is adorable. Brinley loves her baby doll too. She has a little pink stroller for it and she loves pushing it around.