Friday, August 12, 2011

Just another update. . . no baby yet

First of all, I loaded the pictures onto the last post so you can see the painted room, my belly and Brayden with his baby doll.

Second, I had my doctor's appointment today and I'm now dilated to a 3-3.5. Yay! I've been having painless contractions for a little over a week now pretty regularly, and I guess they've been effective. I got to meet with my favorite midwife today (they're all great, but I just like her best) and she recommended raspberry herb tea. She said that the Amish community she used to work with swore by it. I've been trying all sorts of natural foods, walks, and heel massages already. So, on our way home, we stopped and got some herb tea and a fresh pineapple, which was also on our list of things to try. That was my lunch and I guess we'll see if anything comes of it. I have been having a few more contractions than normal since then, but still just the painless ones. Which, I'm not complaining about.

We'll just keep having fun as a family, but I'm getting pretty excited about our little guy! I'm crossing my fingers that it goes just as quickly as Brayden's delivery!

Until then, today will be a me day. I painted my nails, I'm going to soak in a warm bath and I get to be with my amazing little boy (who still has a slight fever from his shot poor guy) and my great husband and Mom. So, life is good!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, hope he comes soon for you Angie! Let me know if the rasp. tea works cause I will want to use it! I'm so ready to say bye to the bulging belly and trade it for a cutie pie. LOL

Way to go on the paint job too! The room looks great! FUN! :-D