Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brayden's Two-day

Hehe. I thought the title was clever :) It was over a month ago, but Brayden turned 2!!! It was a disappointment to me because I happen to think birthdays are a big deal and we had a couple things we HAD to do on his birthday and Preston still had work, etc. So, we didn't really do too much. But he got a special traditional birthday breakfast (the waffles/pancakes with pie filling and ice cream topping) and blew out the candle on a doughnut. Yup, no cake. We planned on doing the whole cake shebang in Utah, but that never happened. At least he's only two and will never remember :) We also had the ward party that night, so he kinda had a party and got to see friends.

The best thing about the day: singing "Happy Birthday" to wake him up and seeing his big grin.

The worst thing: we now have to pay for his plane tickets. . . going home just got a lot tougher :)

Here's some pics to document the fun day. I do have to clarify that it still was a fun day. I just wanted to do more special things :) hehe.

Some of his breakfast. And a silly face.



I think this is a great picture!

Pre-ward party

bundled as a snowman



Fishing at the ward

Getting pictures with the props

3 comments:

freya said...

they're both getting so big! i love that zander pic with the tree too!

Lil Lizzie said...

happy birthday little man! glad we got to bond over that play microphone :)

love you lizangeh

Donna said...

Great pictures of Brayden's 2 year day! He is getting so grown up in so many ways. Fun, but kind of sad at the same time. He is such a sweet heart and I just love his enthusiasm! I wish you were closer so I could spend time with your family each week!