Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zander's Blessing

I decided this deserved a post of its own. Because we're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have a blessing ordinance for babies. We waited to perform Zander's special blessing until we got to Utah so that family and home friends could participate.  He was too big for Preston's old outfit that Brayden wore, so we bought a new one. And boy did he look adorable!! The blessing was beautiful! I am the worst at taking notes of blessings. I don't even think about it until they're starting and do I have paper and pen? Nope. So, it's all in the memory. Correction - whatever's in the memory is all I got :) And I had a Brayden distracting me for a small part of it :( But, I heard a lot about love. About us loving him and him loving his Savior and life.  I know there was a ton more, but love was the theme that I noticed. And it's a perfect one for our Zander Charles Brown. He is a happy, loving baby! We were lucky to have lots of people come to support us and Zander and it was a really fun experience having it at home instead of in the chapel!

handsome boy before the blessing

All the priesthood holders who participated

The mortensens with Zander

Proud Mum mum



The Bakers with Zander

Our little Family

2 comments:

Sherri and Graham said...

Great pictures again. It was so nice to have the family together for this special event.

Donna said...

Oh, what a darling boy! It was such a nice blessing and he is such an angel! It was so nice of you to bless him here where family could be there! I love all the pictures of the different folks with Zander!