Monday, June 25, 2012

New Callings

We both got new callings 2 weeks ago.  Preston got released as Elder's Quorum President and called as a seminary teacher.  This was expected given our new change in life plans - to go back to the Church Education System and get a job there.  However, the stake president had great things to say.  He was very complimentary of Preston's job as EQ president (he has really brought home teachers number up a TON and has been really good for the quorum).  But, he also said that he usually doesn't like any of "his people" (I'm guessing they split up the callings they're in charge of?) to be suggested for seminary because it's taking them out of other good callings, etc.  When Preston was suggested though he said he didn't have to think twice.  He knew it was a perfect fit and was especially happy that it could help with his future career.  That was a nice testimony booster.  I know it will be early mornings at least for Preston and take a lot of prep time.  I'm sure it'll be a challenge.  But, the feeling I got when they sustained him in church was an overwhelming confirmation that this is the will of the Lord.  Knowing that will be imperative at times I'm sure.  It makes all the sacrifice worth it knowing that what we're doing is in line with Heavenly Father's plan.

My new calling isn't life changing, but I'm very excited nonetheless.  I got released as the Personal Progress adviser and got called as the Primary Chorister!  I think it'll require a little more time, but also much more structured and maybe even more fun.  Depends on your definition of fun.  I really enjoyed the Young Women!  But, primary will be like spiritual playtime :) hehe.  I'm excited.  I did it for the first time yesterday and it went well!  But, as I mentioned before, I'm leaving this Friday for California to meet my family and then I'll head back to Utah with them.  I won't be back til August 18th, so I won't get to really jump into it until I get back. 

Anyway, exciting changes here.  Yay for keeping life interesting.

No comments: