Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthdays! I LOVE Birthdays!

Yesterday was the big day! (and now the new countdown begins :) ). Here's an outline of how the day went:
  • sleep in - but of course I didn't want to sleep my special day away, so I still got up around 8:30.
  • read scriptures so I didn't forget once I started birthday activities.
  • had my favorite birthday breakfast (waffles, warm cherry pie filling & ice cream)
  • got ready so that I could feel cute for MY day!
  • painted my nails ... haven't painted my finger nails for years and it's been a while for the toes.
  • planned a meeting that we had before church about our calling as the Young Single Adult Advisors.
  • played a game (Lost Cities), which Preston forgot he was supposed to let me win for my birthday :)
  • left for our meeting/church
  • announced in our relief society good-news-minute that it was my birthday!
  • came home to yummy smells of my soon-to-be birthday dinner.
  • Mom & Dad Brown brought over a cute card and beautiful cake (oatmeal ... my favorite!)
  • played some more games outside in the sun with Preston while Mumsy made me my requested dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu (thanks Mom!!).
  • talked with Preston about baby names while I had "birthday power"
  • Steve (my only family left in the area) came over for dinner, which was absolutely FANTASTIC!
  • Opened presents - maternity clothes, "The Lost Symbol," a non-burning candle that smells yummy, a portable make-up mirror, a gold purse, a bag full of reasons why I'm special from Preston, a slideshow of mine and Preston's summer adventures, and a SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM MAKER!! and of course some birthday money for me to spend on ME. woohoo!
  • Talked to Kim, Trip and Dad on Skype through a video call so we all got to be together as a family for a while. They got to participate in singing and blowing out my candles through skype.
  • ate cake, pie and ice cream.
  • went to bed full and happy.
  • slept better than I've slept in a LONG time!
It was a great birthday! Thanks for everyone who took time to wish me happy birthday through text, facebook or the blog too! You helped to make my birthday special!


me being excited it was my birthday!

painted nails

birthday puppy loves

The cake that Momma Brown made


Yummy birthday dinner


Presents!

reading a sweet card from Steve

my face when Preston told me I had to try and guess what was in this big, red, Santa-looking bag (I had NO idea)

Pulling out the first item from the bag and realizing that they were all things that were already ours. Preston proceeded to tell me how each one represented a reason that I was special to him :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday! I love how excited you get about it. Also, that tummy of yours is looking mighty adorable! I'm sooooo sad I can't come to the shower this weekend, but I love you muchos and hope you have a wonderful time!