Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sleep

I have been really lucky to have only felt exhausted of sleep a couple times since Zander was born. Once right after our road trip to Missouri and once last week. Not sure why last week, but there were a couple long nights in a row.

Get this, Preston offers to take care of Zander Saturday night so I can rest. Zander doesn't even wake up until Preston has to get ready for his meeting at 730! He slept for 8 and a half hours! Because we stayed up late watching BUY football so I was still pretty tired and Preston didn't actually have to wake up during the night, he agreed to take him again Sunday night. Zander slept all night again! I couldn't ask Preston to watch him again because I was feeling much better, so last night I was ready for Zan man to wake up several times just because I was in charge. But he slept all night once more!

Yeah, our nearly 2 month old is training himself to sleep all night. I'm the luckiest mommy. He's actually been cluster feeding himself for almost a month now so that the bedtime process of getting him fed and asleep takes about 2 hours every night. Starting at 530 ish every night he begins eating all the time. Literally All. The. Time. Then we get him ready for bed about 7 or 8 and start the bottle feeding. In about 2 hours he'll eat around 8 to 10 ounces. And that's after all his breastfeeding. No wonder he can last all night.

I'm really hoping that he keeps sleeping for 8 hours at night. I love sleep.

Here's to hoping!

No comments: