Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Umbrellas, Paint and More!

We've had a lot of random fun that never got shared, so here it is.

UMBRELLAS
We've had some rainy days here in Florida, so the umbrellas have been thought of and pulled out.  It hasn't rained inside yet, but it never hurts to be prepared! :D

 PAINT
Brayden got a little pain kit from Auntie Julianna for Christmas and we finally got around to pulling it out during a Zander nap.  Brayden LOVED it and was actually pretty good.  I let him paint all by himself by the end.

 BUBBLEGUM
They got bubblegum in their Easter baskets, but they haven't had much exposure to gum and 2 of the 3 other times Brayden tried it he swallowed it.  So, it's been unopened.  But, after explaining to them so many times why I didn't think they were ready for bubblegum, they finally talked me into letting them try it.  They have been very good at spitting it in the garbage can with a couple exceptions.  I did find three barely chewed pieces in the kitchen sink after I took a trip to the bathroom.  The pictures below are of them eating bubblegum on the back stairs.  Brayden's idea :) 




 HAIRCUT
I cut Brayden's hair the day after Easter because I felt slightly embarrassed that his hair was so out of control for all the Easter pictures we got.  This doesn't really show off the cut so much, but it does show the fact that there was hair all over.  Brayden sat very still for me, but didn't want a towel over his shoulders :)
 DIY BENCH
I saw an idea on pinterest (of course) to make a bench using a bookshelf type slab of wood.  Well, I just so happened to have a bookshelf scrap and a little table I got for free at a yard sale, so I went ahead and made a small bench that would fit the table.  I think it turned out cute.  It's not perfect, but still pretty cool to see something I made getting used and loved by my cuties.
 MARKERS
Thank goodness for washable markers.  Zander went to a 2 week phase after discovering our markers that coloring was all he wanted to do.  So, he got left alone with just him and the coloring book at times.  One morning I helped him draw a circle a few times and then told him to practice.  I left the room and was with Brayden in the kitchen when Zander came running out saying "Circle! Circle!!"  I assumed he had drawn a circle on his own, but since he was so excited I went to look.  Sure enough, he had a drawn a circle!  A pretty good one too.  I hadn't had experience with the markers on the wall yet, so I was pretty concerned it wouldn't come off, but I had to praise him for his artwork too.  So, I told him it was very good and then told him that the wall is a no no for markers.  We cleaned it up together using a wet wipe and it luckily came right off! He then got the idea to start testing markers on all the accessible surfaces at the coloring table (the table, his clothes, skin).  He has now lost most curiosity and does very well, but he did get pretty good at wiping up marker!

No comments: