Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gone Again

Well, we dropped Preston off at the airport today and won't see him until late Monday night. But, for some reason, I'm doing much better this time around than when he left last weekend. I guess because this trip has been planned for months. His best friend, Rob, is getting married on Friday and he just couldn't miss it. But, we didn't think it was a good financial decision for me to join him. Although I would have loved to be there. It also helped me be ok with it knowing that my family's all out of town right now, so I wouldn't be able to see them anyway.  Anyway, now that's Brayden's in bed and I'm getting ready to go to bed is my time to miss my love, but I'm still holding up alright. We'll see how i'm doing by the end of the 5 days :)

Oh, but the plane tickets were much cheaper out of Panama City Airport, so we drove the 2 hours there and Brayden and I went and found a beach afterwards which was really fun. Beautiful white sand and the clearest water! We'll probably go back Monday when Preston comes home. My only dilemma is what to do after the beach because Preston doesn't arrive until 9. We'll see. No pictures from today though. I left the camera battery in the charger. . . oops. Monday there will be pictures!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Way to make the trip exciting for the "B"! I remember how hard it was having to move to a new city, not knowing anyone and having my husband work in a completely different city than the one he moved us to. He was only home from late Fiday night until Sunday, late afternoon. Kimmy and I would anxiously watch out the window looking for him to come home on Friday nights. Of course then he started being gone for 1 to 2 months at a time...it gets easier. But it is still hard to have them gone. Hang in there!