Saturday, May 21, 2011

Maclay Gardens

There's a state park close by us here called the Alfred B. Maclay Gardens and we've never gone, but I got an email from a ward friend informing everyone that it's free admission on May 21st. So, I figured, why not? It was great! We played at the playground, we went swimming in the lake there and then we walked around the gardens for a few minutes. We didn't get very far because Brayden was very busy and tired, but he had fun and it was nice to get out and have something to do! I'm sure we'll go back with Preston eventually. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures since I was mostly involved with Brayden, but I managed a couple.

As soon as we finished at the playground, Brayden headed to the water. As soon as I mentioned swimming, he grabbed my hand and tried several times to go straight down to the water before we even got to the swim area. But, he didn't complain when I carried him away from the water to change at least.

Brayden's favorite part on the walk were the water fountains they had. Especially because of the brick block. He also decided that he needed to walk on the small little edge wall that was there. No fear.
The view of the lake from one of the sitting areas on the garden path.


I'm also excited to talk to my mom!! I know that sounds weird, but she's been traveling with my grandparents for the past 3 weeks, so I haven't been able to communicate other than getting a couple of emails from her. But, she gets to Malaysia tonight (my time) so she said she'd call and we can video chat right before Brayden goes to bed :) Yay! Fun fun.

Hope you have a good weekend too!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

The gardens looked like a fun place. No Aligators in the water there, huh? Sounds like a wonderful, but exhausting day for both of you! It's fun to see the pictures of the place you were telling us about on "the call". I was really excited to talk to you, too. And I was so surprised at how much Brayden has grown and changed. It was so fun to talk, but as usual, went by too quickly. :( We'll talk again, soon. :)