Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lemons Galore

A guy from our ward informed Preston of a place and time to be for all the lettuce and lemons  that you want for free. I haven't exactly figured out the story behind why, but I guess it happens every year. We got WAY more than we could ever use! We only fit a few bags of them in the fridge, but we had 3 boxes in the garage still! We even gave some away to neighbors and Preston took some to school for friends. Then I got sick and they stayed in the garage to rot in the heat (it's been 95 the last couple days!). I finally got around to going through all the lemons and washing all the good ones. Here they are. Can you believe I have a fruit drawer full of them already?? Wow. . . tomorrow I'll start some major juicing and possibly make some more lemon bars. Yum.

1 comment:

Donna said...

OOOO...They look good! That is great! If you juice them and can't use all the juice, you can always freeze it, to use later! Fresh lemonade, lemon bars, using them on halibut, broccoli and other veges, etc. all sound like wonderful ways to make that wonderful pile disappear! (Maybe Brayden would enjoy eating a few raw ones, like when he was tiny? hee hee)